1. Alberta privacy commissioner explains rules around shredding government papers May 6, 2015, Alberta – As the transition to a new regime unfolds in Alberta, the province’s Privacy Commissioner is reminding politicians and the public about the rules regarding the shredding of g
1. The value of confidential document destruction Unshredded paper documents left outside for collection by the dustbin men, for example, can be pilfered for identity theft, corporate fraud, and industrial espionage purposes. Business plans and forecasts, R&D research, customer li
1. Here Are 6 Pieces of Paper You Should Always Shred We all know that important documents need to be shredded, but many of us get lazy. We figure, ‘oh, it doesn’t really matter.’ It’s the old ‘it’ll never happen to me’ mentality. Conversely, many think otherwise: let’s shred everythi
1. Danger of paper shredders The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission has issued a safety alert about paper shredders after receiving 50 reports of finger injuries, including amputation and lacerations, in a recent five-year period. Most of the injuries involved children younger th
1. Document Shredding Services Industry Overview As a business owner, you may want to consider hiring document shredding services. Many businesses, such as law firms, accountants, and large corporations, to name a few, produce a lot of documents that contain confidential information.
There have already been 1,435,063 documents exposed due to data breaches in the US during 2016. The near 1.5 million documents exposed are tied to 69 separate data breaches accounted for by the Identification Theft Resource Center. With the 69 breaches already this year, we are right