1. Here Are 6 Pieces of Paper You Should Always Shred We all know that important documents need to be shredded, but many of us get lazy. We figure, ‘oh, it doesn’t really matter.’ It’s the old ‘it’ll never happen to me’ mentality. Conversely, many think otherwise: let’s shred everythi
1. How and Why to Create Data Destruction Policies After your review of the applicable laws, rules, and regulations, you need to add steps to your data destruction policy. Your data destruction policy needs to address how to classify and handle each type of data residing on your media
1. Why is Data Security So Important The Federal Trade Commission reports over nine million people nationwide fall victim to ID theft each year. When we think of ID theft, the first thing that comes to mind is computer hackers—high-tech criminals with gadgets and gizmos that crack fir
1. Do small businesses need Paper Shredding Services? The short answer to this question is of course, yes. Small businesses handle similar confidential information and sensitive data to large businesses and organizations, such as payroll details, customer contracts, and CVs. Even thou
1. Danger of paper shredders The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission has issued a safety alert about paper shredders after receiving 50 reports of finger injuries, including amputation and lacerations, in a recent five-year period. Most of the injuries involved children younger th
1. Know the facts about paper shredding When it comes to cutting identity theft and protecting your sensitive information, it pays to know the facts. There are many common myths regarding paper shredding and media destruction. 2. What to do When Your Identity is Stolen?
1. Document Shredding Services Industry Overview As a business owner, you may want to consider hiring document shredding services. Many businesses, such as law firms, accountants, and large corporations, to name a few, produce a lot of documents that contain confidential information.
1. Off-site vs On-site Shredding There are multiple options for secure paper shredding, meaning that it can take place off-site and on-site. When all documents are collected from a business and transported to a secure facility to be shredded, this is called off-site shredding. On-site
1. 15 Facts About Paper Shredding Paper shredding isn’t just something that happens in the office. Many firms’ need for document destruction is so great that they hire dedicated shredding companies to visit their offices with huge ten-wheel trucks with giant paper shreddin
1. How Can You Choose The Most Effective Document Shredding Services? Keep in mind that not all document shredding services are the same! Everyone has his/her own recipe of success. Be sure you do your study as well as due diligence on the solutions and firms that are presently avail